Please check the map before you register a strike to see if there are other groups you can join up with in your community.
This the official FFF registration that links directly to the international Fridays For Future map. The data collected on this registration page goes to Greta Thunberg’s team. Registration data is “owned” by Fridays For Future international.If there are errors on the map please just re-register your data.
There are four chief ways of striking.
- Stay at home on Friday and strike privately.
- Strike at school on a Friday. Don’t skip class. Ask teachers and principals to dedicate part of the day to the strike on a Friday to learn or do something about climate change.
- Sit outside of a building such as a legislature building, city hall or even a hospital and strike for the climate
- Join a Fridays for Future rally on a Friday.
Record metrics: be sure to record the number of people at your event. Numbers empower others to strike and thus, help save the climate. Never underestimate the power of one – Greta is surely an example to us all on the power of one! Be sure to record the number of people at your event regardless of the size.
This is a youth-led movement with youth out front, adults helping, and everyone wanted. It is also a purely grassroots movement with no top down messaging /control or profiting. Greta is the leader. Her words and actions should guide everyone.
Guidelines from FridaysForFuture international:
- FridaysForFuture wants you to only strike in a way that you feel safe.
- Many FridaysForFuture strikers have a police approval for their strike.
- It is common for these approvals to only allow for a quiet, sitting protest.
- FridaysForFuture is not able to provide legal support if there are problems. FFF advises strikers to liaise with local NGOs. These NGOs usually know local lawyers, who are well versed in protest situations.
- We are a peaceful and quiet striking organization, but unfortunately, we have already seen examples in some countries, where some individuals or organizations try to join a strike for the purpose of causing trouble. Please take care, and prioritize safety.